Call for Nominations - Board Position
Nominations should be sent to Nicholas Christiano, Jr. , the Chapter President-Elect, at Nicholas.firstname.lastname@example.org
The Leadership of the NYS Chapter of HIMSS has agreed to expand the number of Board positions by two (2) bringing our total representation to nine (9) individuals. This decision is a direct result of the Leadership’s desire to encourage as much representation from all geographic areas of our State as possible. We feel this is a direct result of your wishes and we are very happy to have this additional involvement.
The New York State Chapter is now receiving nominations for the following Chapter Officers listed below. Nominations are open until Monday, May 21st, 2018; voting for the election of officers will be open from Monday, May 28th , 2018 until Monday, June 4th, 2018. The terms for each position is two years; from July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2020.
- Individuals may self-nominate or be nominated by another member of the HIMSS NYS Chapter (provided they have contacted the individual and are willing to run).
- Nominees must be a member in good standing of both HIMSS and the NYS Chapter of HIMSS for at least 1 year.
- Nominations should be sent to Nicholas Christiano, Jr. , the Chapter President-Elect, at Nicholas.email@example.com and should include the following information:
- Name of the person being nominated;
- Position they are nominated for;
- Contact email address and phone number.
- Nominees should send a photo (head shot) and brief bio (200 words or less) to Nicholas Christiano, Jr. The bio and photo will be published on the chapter web site and/or sent out to chapter members when open voting is announced.
Chapter Board Member At-Large (2)
At-Large Board Members enhance the Board’s representation by serving on Chapter Committees and work groups and representing those groups in BOD discussions. They are part of the membership development process and work through local members in developing and expanding the Chapter for the betterment of its constituency.
Board Members At-Large also hold a voting position for all Chapter initiatives that fall within those guidelines.